This isn’t a post filled with brilliant advice. It’s just me trying to be helpful in any way I can. 🙂
All writers have their moments when they don’t want to write. Or maybe they want to write but they don’t know what to write. (That is often referred to as writer’s block; I myself do not believe there is such a thing as writer’s block. I prefer “lack of inspiration”).
So what can you do to avoid Lack of Inspiration/Writer’s Block?
There is no tried and true method, but here are a some ideas that I hope will help someone out there.
- First, pray for inspiration.
- Read a book or listen to a song that inspires you!
- Try to imagine your favorite scene from your WIP. Picture the action, or emotion that you are trying to capture.
- Just write. Anything that comes to mind. It often helps to just get things down on paper! Editing comes later. 😉
- Take a break. Put aside your work. Either stop writing completely for a day or two, or work on another project.
- Drop something surprising into your work! Something that even you didn’t expect. Something that will liven up the story and make you want to keep writing (and your readers keep reading).
Well, I hope you enjoyed my tips. 🙂